Monday, January 21, 2013

To eat or not to eat...

Over the last week I have asked myself one question multiple times..." why don't I eat this good when I'm not prego??"  It is so strange that a baby smaller than a grape can completely change how my body reacts to food...wait the thought of food.  The following food items are foods that I can't even think about eating with out having the urge to puke.
-chicken 
-beef
-pork
-melted cheese
-pizza
-processed food of any kind
-lunch meat
-oatmeal
-cracked wheat
-bananas
- soda
-FRIED FOOD! not a good friend! 
-tuna
-Alfredo
-anything that is creamy
and a plethora of other things--I love the word "plethora"  thank you Three Amigos.

While I have no desire to eat those foods these are the ones I love...at the moment.
-veggie burritos 
-carrots
-PICKLES
-spaghetti
-water
-crackers
-plain chips
-peppermint tea

While I may absolutely hate having morning sickness...I do find comfort in the nausea.  A wise woman, Susan Lazenby--my marvelous mother-- has always said, "It is a good sign that you feel sick, it means your baby is healthy."  So each morning after making my trip to the bathroom, I find myself saying a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for giving me a healthy pregnancy. And with in the same breath I ask for strength to get though the day with out too much suffering.  And oh boy was he was sure merciful today! 

I know that our bodies were created after HIS image.  He created us perfectly so that we can have the ability to grow babies.  It blows my mind that as I sit here typing with horrid grammar and run on sentences, I am growing my child.  The plan of salvation is real, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true.  I am grateful for my Savior who guides me and gives me strength daily.  He will become an even bigger help once this baby is here.  :) I am so excited I can't even focus on school work.  I'll have to pray a little harder for that. 
Life is good. We are blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment